Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hot Beef Sandwiches

One of my favorite things to make in the crock pot for dinner is Hot Beef Sandwiches.  They are quick to put together and make for an easy dinner.  I'm all about ease.  Who doesn't love little to no prep work and even better... no clean up!

There are two recipes that I use for this and they couldn't be more simple.  I don't have a preferred type of roast for either recipe.  I actually just grab what is on sale and looks to be the leanest cut.

Recipe #1

1 2 - 3 lb Roast
1 can of beer
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Place roast in the crock pot, cover with packet of soup mix and can of beer.  Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat falls apart for sandwiches.

Recipe #2

1 2 -3 lb Roast
1 16 oz. jar of Pepperchinies

Place roast in the crock pot and cover with pepperchinies.  Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat falls apart for sandwiches.

Both are great on hamburger or hoagie buns (preferably toasted) and topped with your favorite slices of cheese.  We use American cheese with Recipe #1 and Provolone with Recipe #2.

Getting pictures of food is not my strong suit.  Everyone in my house hits the door starving and grabs the plates out of my hands quicker than I can dish things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment