Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boys Bedroom Decorating


I hate this room.  I actually hate how all 4 bedrooms in my house look.  They are all terrible.  But this room drives me crazy.  I hate the uneven stripes and the misshapen Indian head.  (I figured the room is so ugly making the bed wasn't really going to improve the pictures.)

My oldest son's bedroom was adorable at the old house with the perfect shade of blue, skateboards hanging on the walls and a giant skateboard mural on one of the walls.

Since we have lived here for 6 months now and we finally have our legal deed filed (crazy long story) it is about time that I get to work on the bedrooms.  Our plan is that the bedrooms will be taken down to the studs and fresh new drywall hung but that may be a while off because of the long list of other more pressing issues that need to be addressed.

In the interim...





I don't think we are going to continue on the skateboard theme this time.  I'm looking for more of a Pottery Barn look for his room.  (My son doesn't get too much of a vote here - he is actually fond of the Indian and stripes since this is the school mascot.)

I am in a search for new bedding as a starting point and hope to be able to select paint colors and start working this weekend.



2 comments:

  1. I love rooms like this... it makes the before and after pictures that much better :o) When we moved into our house in May, my daughters room was hot pink-high gloss and hot purple-high gloss. Nauseating. Our bedroom is on the docket now (well it's in that completely-disorganized-furniture-in-the-middle-of-the-room phase now) I feel like I am drowning in my to-do list! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would love to talk photography with you, sometimes I feel like the only people I talk to look down at me because I am not a "real photographer" I was trying to email you back, but you were listed as no-reply and I couldn't find your email anywhere. It's probably somewhere super obvious and I'm just missing it :o) I was curious what program you use to edit? Email me with your email and we'll chat!

    ReplyDelete