Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mission Organization

Over the past few weeks I have been on a mission to organize my home and hopefully my life.  Okay, perhaps I should not say mission, a better term might be lackadaisical path.  To begin this organizing project I began with purging clothing.  The closets and drawers are much tidier now after removing dozens of bags of clothing to take to Goodwill. 

My next step is to tackle the kitchen and kitchen items.  While looking in my cupboards quickly last night to assess the damage something stuck out.  My dinnerware, glassware and flatware... it is all a mix of crap.  Broken and chipped dinnerware, odds and ends of glasses that together still do not make a full set, flatware with forks with bent tines and missing butter knives.  If someone were to come to my home for dinner I would be completely embarrassed.

After looking at my very neglected kitchen supplies I have decided the best way to organize this mess is to start over.  My goodness this is going to be a hefty shopping list.  Perhaps, I should not have neglected these utensils for so long.  And now, that I have finally made up my mind to replace all of this mess I am torn...

 Do I do something a little funky?

Something a little more muted but still fun?

Or something calming?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment