Friday, August 26, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Artwork

I've seen on several blogs this painting from Pottery Barn.


I love this piece as well and decided I too would try my hand at making my own.

I first painted my entire 16x20 canvas a creamy white.  While the painting was drying I cut several numbers of all sizes with my borrowed Cricut that I have not yet returned.  Since my mom only has a few cartridges to select from I had limited options for fonts to use.  Okay, I had one option for font.

After the paint had dried I placed the numbers on the canvas and stuck them down securely and took the painting outside to give the entire painting a coat of black spray paint.  When the paint was dry to the touch I began to peel away the numbers to reveal the white numbers under.

I then left the painting dry over night and the next day gave the entire canvas a light sanding to give it a distressed look.

The final results... is a pretty good knock off.



Now I just need to find it a place on a wall. 

The only thing I would change is the size of canvas I used.  This is a statement piece that really should be rather large.  My 16x20 canvas seems a bit small.





1 comment:

  1. i love this art piece so much
    that i am featuring this week
    on fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete