Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School

Today was my oldest two boys first day back to school. It's hard to believe the summer has gone by so quickly. It seems like school had just gotten out and now we are back already. Back to home work and bed times. I'm not sure who has been dreading this week more, them or me. I'm pretty sure... it's been me. While I am looking forward to my shrinking daycare bill, I am not looking forward to the morning hustle and night time bustle. My kids have all become very accustom to late nights and sleeping past 7 each morning.




The first day went very well for the most part. Everyone loves their new teachers but has a twinge of disappointment that all of their "best friends" are in the other classes. Thankfully my boys are always very accepting and take things in stride. My oldest is incredibly adaptable and outgoing so I have no worries for him. My middle son on the other hand, is quiet and likes to stick to a small circle of people he is most comfortable with. This may prove to be a little harder on him.





The youngest doesn't start back to preschool for another few days. He was rather disappointed today when he was looking for his back-pack and told no, not yet.



We attempted this morning to get some of those notorious "Back to School" pictures but everyone was excited and silly. I guess those make them legitimate back to school shots - not very good.





No comments:

Post a Comment